We made the decision -- ATLANTA 2011!
As much everyone I talked to LOVED the idea of San Diego, it just seemed to make better sense for us to do Atlanta, where we could have more family support for all the first timers, and less travel expense. I think it's also going to allow us to build a bigger team, which makes me really excited. Spreading that Music City Spirit!
The discount code SAVE25 is good until Friday, so read my blog entry below about what exactly the 3-Day entails. There is a team password to join Music City Spirit, but only so I can make sure everyone understands my fundraising philosophy before they commit.
My 2-Step Fundraising Philosophy, quite simply is this:
1. We're a TEAM. Everyone is going to help everyone else. There won't be any prizes or competition for who raises the most money, because we're all going to be focused on helping each other meet their minimums. Last year, I was able to channel several hundred dollars in donations to teammates so that we ALL had met our minimum before the walk. It all goes to the same place!
2. In order to share in any particular fundraiser's proceeds, you need to participate in that fundraiser. Obviously people will do their own individual fundraising (like, for instance, some crazy people shave their heads to raise money.) But here are some of the group fundraising activities I'm looking into. Proceeds will be distributed to those who participate in each fundraiser. Obviously, the earlier you join the team, the more group fundraising opportunities you'll be able to participate in!
- Mother's Day custom soap gift packages (taking orders in April)
- Pampered Chef Fundraiser (in May when they have PINK products!)
- Crop for the Cure 2
- Booths at Lennox Village Farmer's Markets
- T-shirt sale
- Pied Piper Creamery event
- WalMart booth
What else? I'm open to ideas -- especially ones that allow us to reach people outside of our circle of friends, like booths that don't cost money.